Although the body has the ability to cleanse itself, sometimes it needs a boost. Processed foods, pollutants, stress, and sedentarism will affect the well-functioning of the body and trigger the appearance of numerous unpleasant symptoms and diseases. Thankfully, you can reboot your digestive system and restore your overall health with a detoxification program. Do you know what are the best colon cleanse products?
Table of contents
- When to start cleansing?
- Best ingredients for colon cleanse
- Best way to detox colon
- What to expect, realistically
- Dietary supplements vs. natural remedies
When to start a colon cleanse
Occasional headaches, bloating, and digestive problems happen to any of us. But when they occur at once, and you also deal with fatigue, sleep problems, and difficulty to lose weight, your gut is telling you to start a detox.
Most nutritionists recommend following a colon cleanse in the spring. As the body tries to recover from winter and fresh leafy greens appear at the market, we should get some outdoor exercise and improve the general well-being. This way, the stress levels will decrease, the metabolic rate increases, and the weight loss will occur naturally. The detoxification shouldn’t last more than a couple of weeks, and you should not repeat it more often than two times a year.
What’s the point of a colon cleanse?
It flushes toxins from the body, and especially from the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. The waste materials will be eliminated together with the harmful bacteria, additives, and other pollutants that might be trapped inside the gut. The nutrients from foods will absorb at a faster rate, and the colon cleanse will provide numerous health benefits to the patient.
What should you look for when you get a detoxification product?
Best ingredients for colon cleanse
- Psyllium Seed – when it is consumed with enough water, the herb can swell up and get the consistency of gelatin. It acts as a lubricant and softens the fecal matter, aiding the bowel movements and combating constipation. Take one or two capsules of Psyllium before bedtime, and you will stimulate colon cleansing naturally. According to the scientists from University of Maryland – Medical Center, the soluble fiber from the plant may also lower blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and protect against colon cancer.
- Probiotics – are recommended for both during and after a detox diet. How do they work? The good bacteria that lines the digestive tract helps digestion, improves immunity, and supports the absorption of nutrients. The live microorganisms can be taken from supplements, colon cleanse products, or natural food sources (kefir, pickles, sauerkraut, yogurt, kimchi, tempeh, kombucha, miso). The benefits of consuming probiotics include killing candida, reducing cold and flu, and diminishing inflammation in bowel disease.
- Senna – is one of the best colon cleanses for weight loss. The herb is a natural laxative and is most effective when used before bedtime – it takes approximately 6-12 hours to stimulate bowel movements. Though, it isn’t as gentle as other natural cleansers. The clinical trials proved that several side effects of senna include abdominal cramps, diarrhea, bloating, and intestinal irritation. It’s best to start with a small dose and increase it until you obtain the effects desired.
- High fiber grains – bran flakes, oatmeal, pearl barley, chia seeds, flaxseeds, quinoa, amaranth, millet, couscous, wild rice. They are rich in nutrients and, due to their high-fiber content, high fiber grains add bulk to waste and regulate bowels. When used for one or two weeks in a row, the colon cleanse product with fiber will improve the metabolic rate, encourage detoxification, and boost the weight loss process.
- Ozonated Magnesium Oxides – delivers magnesium and nascent oxygen into the gut. The natural ingredient is included in the composition of Oxy-Powder and was proved to provide a safe and effective colon cleanse. If magnesium eliminates constipation and activates enzymes that aid the body absorb and use carbs, proteins, and fats, the oxygen released plays a crucial role in dissolving and oxidizing the waste materials accumulated in intestines.
What is the best way to cleanse colon?
Should you take a supplement, follow a restrictive diet, start a smoothie detox, or drink colon cleanse tea for days in a row? Is it a good idea to undergo colon hydrotherapy? Although the parasites, toxins, and pollutants ought to be removed from the digestive tract to improve the general wellness, it does not mean that you should starve yourself or disturb the internal balance.
First, you must curb the consumption of refined sugars and flours, overly processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine. Instead of eating some junk food on your lunch break, savor a healthy meal – a salad or a delicious recipe with nutritious vegetables. Avoid unhealthy snacks, and replace them with fresh fruits or raw nuts (walnuts, cashews, peanuts, pecans, brazil nuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, almonds).
Water is a natural cleanser and accelerates the detoxification of the system. Apart from boosting the cleansing of the colon and preventing constipation, proper hydration also eliminates the chemicals and toxins from liver, blood, and kidneys. Based on a Harvard Medical School study, you should drink approximately 1 to 1.5 liters of liquid daily. As for colon cleanse teas, they are laxatives in disguise. They help to detoxify the digestive system, but the side effects – bloating, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort – might pull you back.
How active are you?
Physical activity is recommended by manufacturers of many colon cleanse kits. Whether you follow a detoxification diet, take cleansing tablets, or drink smoothies to accomplish safe colon cleanse at home, you must move more. 30 minutes of physical activity every day will increase the metabolic rate, improve mood, raise mental performance, and aid the elimination of toxins (through perspiration).
What to expect when you use colon cleansing products
Here’s how the detoxification diets and products work. Many of them will not deliver the anticipated benefits from the first day. You must give up on your unhealthy eating habits, drink more water than you’re used to, and move more. Having 3 to 5 bowel movements a day might disrupt your routine, and you’ll probably want to cheat – especially on the first couple of days.
Do you feel the need to eat? Drink some water and opt for a healthy snack. Consume 3-4-5 meals – reduced portions – and do not starve when your body needs fuel. It’s not uncommon to feel hungry, moody, and bloated in the first few days of detoxification. But your system will gradually adapt, and it will start to eliminate the harmful toxins and waste.
After a whole week, you must be already losing weight. When you take colon cleansing tablets and have 30-minute workouts on a daily basis, you also increase the metabolism and support healthy digestion. The nutrients from foods will absorb at a faster rate, and you will get rid of constipation naturally. Maybe you’ll look bad in the beginning, but you will get to feel and look better by the end of the week.
Do you consider colon hydrotherapy over colon cleansing supplements?
Think again. The evidence shows that colonic irrigation isn’t as safe and effective as other detoxifying options. According to the scientific information from here, colon hydrotherapy could result in infections, injury to the colon, hemorrhoids, Crohn’s disease, and reduced capacity to control bowel movements for a while.
Cleansing supplements VS natural remedies
Getting a health product and ingesting it accordingly to instructions is more convenient than preparing your teas with natural remedies. On the other hand, the homemade recipes – salads, smoothies, or other colon cleansing products – need time and effort to obtain them. Both of them require a healthier lifestyle, and the costs might be similar. But the natural remedies also demand planning – you have to consider what you’ll eat, when you’ll serve meals, and what ingredients you must purchase for the next day.
With colon cleansing products, things are simpler. You purchase a 30-day supply and stick to your detoxification program until you enjoy the benefits desired. As for the side effects, most supplements for colon cleanse are generally safe for the consumers’ health. However, if you are allergic to any of the compounds or have a sensitivity to certain natural remedies, you ought to avoid it.
What happens if you don’t detox?
Based on several scientists’ opinions, toxins can get trapped in the lining of the intestines and slowly poison the body. Symptoms such as poor appetite, food cravings, unexplained weight gain, irritability, and fatigue are likely to occur. They say that good health starts with the gut. So, if you want to feel better, lose weight, and improve your overall wellness, you must start a detox diet.
Use the best colon cleanse products and rejuvenate your body! Your digestion will run smoothly, the appearance of the skin will improve, and you will restore your energy levels. As a bonus, you will lose weight and enhance your mental performance naturally.
Do you want to accomplish a safe colon cleanse at home?
Take the best detoxifying ingredients while you stay hydrated, move more, and consume healthier foods. Pay more attention to your body, and keep your system working at its best!